Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sonic, Peabody



This past Saturday, we decided to brave the cold and head up Route 1 to Sonic in Peabody. Anyone not from this area would probably agree that Route 1 is a frightening experience, laden with angry North Shore drivers with serious road rage. However, our hunger overrode our fears on this excursion….. We wanted grease!

Mara says: I feel like I’m cheating, as I’ve been to Sonic locations in Texas and Tennessee, but this is new, so I’m counting it as a place I’ve never been! The line wasn’t as bad as it seemed, and we got to a stall after waiting for about 5 minutes. All I knew was that I wanted a Cherry Limeade. The meal was secondary at that point. I ordered a #1, a single burger with everything on it (pickles, tomato, onion, ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise).This was no “everything” in Burger King terms. When it arrived, I opened it to ACTUALLY find these items on the burger. Not just a leaf of lettuce—a good helping. Not one mushy pickle, but four (4) crunchy ones. Eric referred to the actual burger as a “perfect Mara burger”... a thin, fully cooked patty with lots of extras. The tots were a bit of a let down… a little to reminiscent of the deep fried “home fries” that they served in college. Might I mention that I ate them all. All in all I was happy with our trip.. If nothing else, it left us full until our late dinner ! A For Effort, Sonic!

Eric says: Unlike Mara, I have never been to a Sonic before. As we drove up Route 1 North I thought that the long drive was finally over, but 30 minutes later we still had not even ordered! After our long wait we finally made it to our booth where i ordered a #2 meal which was a double cheeseburger. Our order came pretty quick and was also gone farely quick as well. After finishing our meal I quickly checked for any baglers (tots which have escaped their container). None to be found...Unlike my meal, the Very Berry Smoothie lasted almost our entire ride home. If you are in the Peabody area and have 30 minutes to spend waiting, I would recommend stopping by Sonic.



Price : $15 dollars for 2 people for lunch..not bad!
Atmosphere: Car interior was dull, but rollerskating servers felt semi-authentic.
Food: Good enough for a semi-food coma

No comments: