Saturday, January 9, 2010

Good Life Bar


On Wednesday we decided to venture over to Good Life Bar for the Passion Pit after-party. It's really easy to get to from Park Street, so we were happy and didn't even have one argument over directions (which is BIG for us!). Here is what we thought :

Mara says : I liked this place right off the bat. When we got there it was still early, so it wasn't packed. There was a good mix of after-work groups, couples and friends dining and enjoying drinks. We sat at the bar (Eric's choice; perhaps for the massive televisions..?) and ordered our drinks. They weren't too strong but definitely not weak, which is a plus when you are paying nearly $10 a pop. When it came to ordering off of the menu, it was tough for both of us! I decided on the MK Burger, which was one of the better choices I've made in my life. Everything about it, from the crispy onions to the creamy-but-tangy horseradish were done right. It was a little undercooked for my taste, but that was secondary to everything that was done so right. I'd highly recommend this place to anyone looking for a good portion that doesn't lack flavor. A+ in my book!

Eric says : As soon as we entered Good Life we were greeted by two friendly and helpful bouncers or very friendly patrons. We decided to sit at the bar which was pretty empty but still pretty loud (most of the noise was coming from a loud drunky talking the ear off of some poor guy). The bartender was nice and quickly made us drinks and even helped us decide on what to order. The food arrived at the perfect time and looked amazing. I chose the Autumn burger which ended up not having cheese on it but they quickly ran back with a side of cheese which i was able to spread onto my burger and dip my fries into. The night was great; how often can you have great drinks, amazing food, watch the Celtics win in OT on a wicked huge TV and be on a packed dance floor on a Wednesday night. In my book, Good Life approached perfection!


Price : Moderate hole burning in Eric's pocket.
Atmosphere: Great music, nice dim lighting (makes everyone look good!), funky artwork !
Food: Still salivating.

No comments: