Thursday, January 21, 2010

Deep Ellum Sunday Brunch




No we weren't in Texas, we were at a small bar/restaraunt call Deep Ellum right here in Allston. We both enjoy this bar for the atmosphere, good crowd of people and the great selection of beers and cocktails (might I recommend Summer in Sao Paolo? ; ok maybe not for brekky!) When we heard that they served brunch on the weekends, we both jumped at the chance to try it.

Mara says: Since we were the first people at the usually crowded restaurant, I felt a little awkward but was excited nonetheless. Our coffee arrived quickly (shouldn't it have?) and I was a little skeeved out by the questionable hairs that were near the creamers. Eric refuses to believe that this happened ; selective memory I guess! Moving on.. I got a pretty basic breakfast of scrambled eggs, marble rye toast and home fries. I am picky on eggs so the runny ones that I got were not my favorite, but the delicious marble toast and well-cooked home fries more than made up for it. A+ for the waitress, who promptly brought over a huge, unopened bottle of Pete's Hot Sauce without even asking! I must have it written on my face that I am a hot sauce fanatic! All in all, I left full and happy. I'm going to give Deep Ellum a B+.

Eric says:When we arrived there was a parking spot right in front that looked too good to be true. The spot was two car lengths and I proceeded to pull in head first and smashed my wheel leaving curb-rash on my rim and chunking my tire. Not the greatest way to start brunch! When we entered we were greeted by two friendly employees who let us choose from one of the many open tables. Even though we didn't get any morning cocktails we did enjoy our cups of tasty coffee. Our brunch arrived pretty quick and I ate my sausage gravy and biscuits like they were going out of style. They tasted great and reminded me of when I enjoyed them in high school at Pogo's. I cant wait to get back to Deep Ellum for brunch again or to go back for some great beers and creative cocktails.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

where did you go? We Need more posts