Thursday, January 21, 2010

Dirty Truth


Ok, we apologize profusely. We had great intentions of writing this week, but we just didn't make the time. Don't fret! We have a big weekend ahead of us.. Tomorrow we are headed to Providence for another unique dining experience that we can't wait to share with you.



Back to Northampton... We headed out to the Quabbin Resevoir last Saturday to enjoy the beautiful (and comparatively warm) weather. After a tough day of leisurely walking and enjoying the sun, we drove over to Northampton to grab a bite. Dirty Truth was the first choice.

Mara says:Again, not my first time being there, but I'm calling it fair since the last time they had a completely different menu! The beer menu is impressive. I opted for the winter warmer since it started to get a bit chilly out and I was feeling very cozy with my dinner date. The bartender seemed a little out of place and since we sat at the bar I half expected him to talk to us and he didn't! We enjoyed the setting and ordered our food... I got a veggie burger with very high expectations after I read that it was handmade.I enjoyed that you could actually taste the components instead of being left wondering exactly what you were eating. It could have used a little spice, but over all I was very impressed ! It made a suitable mess and I enjoyed it! Almost as much as I enjoyed my company :X.




Eric says:Sporting a beer list which includes a chalk board with current seasonal special and new beers to the bar, I was already in heaven. We sat at the end of the bar where there were a few open seat and were served quickly. After we polished off our first round we were not as lucky . I ordered an eggplant sandwich that came with a heaping mound of okay french fries and great fried mozzarella but I was disappointed with the eggplant and the thick layer of spinach which covered the taste of the cheese. I knew bad things come in threes as soon as I saw their bathroom, which smelled bad and was so dimly light that I am not sure if it was even a bath room. The best part of this bar is their beer list and small, easy to navagate dinner menu.

No comments: